Marriott Assistant Manager - Events in Bangalore, India
Job Number 18002YY6
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, Bangalore, Karnataka VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Position assists the Manager in the execution of meetings and events and driving the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Works to meet customer needs at meetings and events and assists in growing event revenues. Handles issues and conflicts that may arise duing meetings or events. Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Assists in coordinating all groups that will impact property operations.
• Assists in overseeing cleaning and maintenance of meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas.
• Assists in overseeing furniture and equipment maintenance and that inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Assisting in Budgets and Finances
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Assists in creating the annual banquet budget.
Driving Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.