Marriott Spa Receptionist in Cape Town, South Africa
Job Number 180031U7
Job Category Spa
Location The Westin Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Reporting directly to the Spa Manager, the successful incumbent is responsible for the smooth and effective daily operation of the Spa Reception area as well as assisting with Spa treatments as required ensuring a memorable Spa experience, whilst maintaining the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town Hotel in accordance with Marriott International Hotels Policies and Procedures within a pressurized environment.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· A minimum of 1- 2 years' experience in a Spa Receptionist & Therapist role within in a 4 or 5 star Spa environment would be an advantage
· Extensive working knowledge in MS Office in all MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
· Available to work flexible working hours and rostered shifts as and when required
· Build Customer Relationships, Guest centric and retail focused
· Ability to work within a pressurized environment
· Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-driven
· Ability to work without supervision and within a team
· Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Ensure that the standards of service excellence and guest satisfaction are maintained.
· Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
· Assist with Spa treatments as and when required
· Maintain a float and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily
· Control of cash and daily reconciliations
· Oversee arrival and departure of guests, and access control
· Have the ability to assist in the marketing of the spa , revenue generation as well as retail Spa products
· Effectively maintain the booking system
· Assist with Stock take
· Work in accordance to the internal and external control procedures
· Assist in driving revenues by efficient booking/upselling and rebooking guests.
· Complete all daily duties as set out in departmental duties and requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.