Marriott Sales Manager, GTA in Mississauga, Ontario
Job Number 18002XAA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Central Canada Sales Office, Mississauga, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Handles incoming leads for large groups (e.g.,0-50 room nights) and catering leads for hotels supported by the Canada Sales Office, in an assigned geographic area. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Experience selling large group business experience, either at a property or in a sales office.
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming large group/catering opportunities that are within the parameters of the Group Sales team within the Sales Office.
• Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside the Group Sales parameters.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
• Understands and utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Follows up on opportunities uncovered by sales executives.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve related revenue goals.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Handles incoming leads for groups (e.g.,0-50 room nights).
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Market Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Creates clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of Property and Group Sales leadership teams as appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification toApplicants: Central Canada Sales Office takes seriously its obligations under the Human RightsCode and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and willprovide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require anaccommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or aninterview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respondto your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only forthose individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation aspart of the recruiting process.