Marriott Sales Manager (1 year contract) in Ottawa, Ontario
Job Number 18003CJU
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notificationto Applicants: The Westin Ottawa takes seriously its obligations under the Human RightsCode and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and willprovide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require anaccommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or aninterview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources teamwill respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email areonly for those individuals who would like to request an accessibilityaccommodation as part of the recruiting process.