Marriott Assistant Manager - Banquets in Pune, India
Job Number 18002UO6
Job Category Event Management
Location The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, Pune, Maharashtra VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.