Marriott F&B Service-Room Service Supervisor in Shanghai, China
Job Number 18002YXD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, Shanghai VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要 功 能 :
This position is concerned with the overall operation and control of the Room Service in compliance with established restaurant and banquet policies, and practices of this hotel.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILIES 責任概要 :
The major responsibility is for all room service operation and assist with food and beverage delivery, include ensuring guest and associate satisfaction
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
- To be responsible for all operations of Room Service.
- Train team leader to take over the responsibilities when required.
- To maintain effective communication on the activities of the department with other department in the hotel.
- Effective control of manning levels and costs.
- To evaluate expenses to department
- To assist and confer with the Azur Restaurant Manager on report, budgets, policy, future planning, promotions and recommend changes or innovations where applicable.
- To liaise with front office, with regard to any special requirement that may be applicable.
- To operate an effective logbook with break down of daily figures and comments regarding the operation.
- To prepare weekly rosters and submit accordingly to the food and beverage office.
- To regularly review operation and menu format, and liaise with the Chef regarding special menus and daily specials.
- To be aware of trends, practices and new products available or current in the industry, by means of competitor evaluations, industry analysis and trade literature in order to maximize/increase revenue.
- To conferring daily with staff and management on any operational problems. Conduct of inspection tours to ensure proper cleanliness, manning and mise en place daily business demand.
- To evaluate the performance of the Room Service personnel and administrating a personnel development to provide well train employees.
- To hire and discharge Room Service personnel, prepare and oversee skills training programs, revise manuals when necessary.
- To maintain a high profile within Room Service during service periods, with emphasis on guest relations and needs.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by the Food and Beverage Director and Director of Restaurants.
- Attend all relevant meetings and training classes
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.