Marriott Steward-Supervisor in Shanghai, China
Job Number 190003O9
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, Shanghai VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, ShanghaiMarriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
Manages the day to day kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas if responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Strives to continual improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
MAJOR RESPONSIBILI TI ES 責任概要 :
To provide consistent quality of food and services to internal and external customers, by adhering to and enforcing all Marriott Standards and Policies and Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel standards of excellence; training and guidance of trainees and attendants.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
- Directly responsible for sanitation of all culinary, storage and buffet areas
- Supervises dish room shift operations and ensures compliance with all food and
beverage policies, standard and procedures
- Performs all duties of utility associates as necessary
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products
- Inspects food holding and transport equipment repair and maintenance program
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean
supplies of each
- Knows and enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors,
- Conducts , glass and silver inventories
- Enforce proper breakdown procedure for banquets, restaurants, room service and
- Making sure the cleanness level is compliant with the brand standard guidelines
- Knows and implements Marriott's 46 Points of Hygiene and Safety Standards.
- Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss
prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs
- Effectively investigates, reports and follow up on associates accidents
- To be responsible for maintaining outlet safety at all times
- To implement a departmental daily 15 minutes training with associates
- Ensure utility staff is properly trained regarding sanitation, equipment handling and
- Helps associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations
- To ensure the efficient scheduling of supervisors and associates
- Periodically plan outside associates activity to promote teamwork
- Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation
- Perform any reasonable request made by the management which is not life threatening or against the law
- Responds in a friendly manner to guest concerns or inquires
- Ensure associates maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters
- Observes service behaviours of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance
- Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.